The Arcus Center for Social Justice Leadership (ACSJL) Faculty and Staff support is aimed at assisting faculty and staff to expand on or initiate new and innovative lines of learning, engagement, advocacy, and/or research around social justice issues. Projects that include action components and direct impact will be prioritized. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, once the application process opens. Kindly note, the total amount a faculty or staff member may receive per academic year for individual research or projects is $2,000.
If you have an idea that is rooted in social justice and would like thought partnership in flushing it out, feel free to connect with Irene Muthui, our Director of Social Justice Programs, Grants and Impact, at email@example.com for support.
- Project is in alignment with the ACSJL mission, vision and values
- Applicant is a Kalamazoo College Faculty or Staff Member
- Applicant is willing to engage in the Arcus Center community for the year funding is received, including events and trainings
- Applicant is willing to answer questions about the impact of the supported project and potential next steps for the applicant’s work
Application Cycle Timeline
- Cycle 1: September 11, 2023 – October 16, 2023
- Cycle 2: January 8, 2024 – February 12, 2024
- Cycle 3: April 4, 2024 – May 6, 2024
Kindly note, we will get back to you with our support decision within 30 days of the cycle closing.